Friday, May 13, 2016

Greek Cucumber Sauce

....Also known as Tzatziki sauce. Although when I order my favorite "grilled chicken pita with tzatziki sauce" the high school kids at the local drive-in look at me like, huh? Tat-zi, what?!?


Then when I say, the cucumber sauce, all makes sense in the world! I'm pretty sure I'm the only one in town who orders their grilled chicken pita this way too. Whenever I ordered it, my mother-in-law (who works there) will look at the food order ticket and then look out the window to say hi because she knows it's me! Then she will write my name on my food bag with hearts on it, which is my favorite :)

I love this sauce on chicken and salmon. It's also great for dipping veggies. It's super fresh and tastes similar to the cucumber sauce I order with my pita at the local drive-in. It's perfect for those nights I feel like making my own grilled chicken pita at home!


Greek Cucumber Sauce
Servings: 2 cups
  • 1-1/4 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
  • 1 whole large Cucumber (seeds removed, grated & squeezed dry in a dish towel)
  • 2 cloves of Garlic
  • 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried Dill Weed
  • 1/8 teaspoon Salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon Pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
Combine all the ingredients in a food processor or blender. Pulse until the sauce becomes smooth. Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...