Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Crushed-Tomato Pizza Sauce

Growing up, Friday night was always pizza night. This meant my mom could always be found Friday nights in the kitchen making her homemade pizza with her dough and sauce from scratch. To this day, I still prefer my pizza to be homemade rather than store bought or from a restaurant. I blame my mom and her excellent pizza making skills!


My husband on the other hand, is the complete opposite. He loves pizza from restaurants and always seems to sneer his nose up whenever I tell him I've made homemade pizza for dinner....until now. After trying recipe after recipe for pizza dough, Smitten Kitchen's pizza dough from her cookbook was the winner. It's thin, chewy and crunchy all at the same time. The pizza sauce has been a work in process over the years with many trial and error attempts. That dough with this pizza sauce have finally converted my husband to a lover of homemade pizza.



Crushed-Tomato Pizza Sauce
Servings: 1-1/2 cups sauce (3 large pizza)
  • 1 (14.5 ounce) can Crushed Tomatoes
  • 1 tablespoon Dried Minced Onion
  • 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
  • 1 teaspoon Dried Basil
  • 2 cloves minced Garlic
  • 1/2 teaspoon Red Wine Vinegar
  • 1/4 teaspoon Salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
  • Pinch of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
In a medium-sized bowl, add all the ingredients. Stir well to combine. Use 1/2 cup sauce for 1 large pizza. Store in an airtight container or mason jar with lid for up to 1 week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...