Monday, April 25, 2016

Chive-Mustard Vinaigrette

Chives are so wonderful and definitely underused in my kitchen. They have such delicate flavors that add the perfect touch of garlicky onion to any dish. Usually when I make a vinaigrette, I make my go-to Creamy Basil recipe, but after my mother-in-law gave me some leftover minced chives from our Easter supper, I had to put them to good use!
 

Light, bright and full of flavor. This vinaigrette adds the perfect touch to any salad.  The white wine vinegar, light extra virgin olive oil, Dijon mustard, honey and chives blend together in such a wonderful and slightly tangy way. Besides a green salad, this vinaigrette would make an excellent marinade for poultry, seafood, pork or beef.

 
Chive-Mustard Vinaigrette
Servings: 1/2 cup
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
  • 1 teaspoon Honey
  • 2 teaspoons White Wine Vinegar
  • 3 ounces Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 2 tablespoons finely minced Fresh Chives
  • Salt & Pepper, to taste
Combine all the ingredients into a jar with a lid. Place the lid on the jar and shake vigorously until the dressing has become emulsified and the ingredients incorporated. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for 1 week in the refrigerator. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...