Monday, January 27, 2014

Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing


I know there are millions upon millions of blue cheese dressings and dips out in the world wide web, but I find this one is practically perfect in every way. Besides Litehouse Dressings, I refuse to buy already made salad dressings from the grocery store. They have a funky aftertaste and you can tell they are loaded with preservatives and chemicals. Not exactly what I want to put on top of my fresh vegetables or salads! If that makes me a salad dressing snob, I guess I am one! There is absolutely no comparison between a homemade dressing to something in a bottle.


Out of all the salad dressing varieties out in the world, blue cheese has always been one of my favorites. I love the combination of creamy and tang with the stinkiness of blue cheese. I always say, the stinkier the cheese, the better!


Drizzle this blue cheese dressing over your salad or as a dip for chicken wings and veggies on game days. You will love how simple it is to put together and how positively perfect it really is! You will never want to buy the bottled stuff again!

Perfect Blue Cheese Dressing
{Makes ~1 cup}

-4 ounces crumbled Blue Cheese
-1/3 cup Sour Cream
-1/4 cup Mayonnaise
-1/3 cup Buttermilk
-1-1/2 tablespoons White Distilled Vinegar
-1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
-Few dashes Tabasco sauce
-1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine. Place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for about 1 week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...