Thursday, May 30, 2013

Caramelized Pineapple Ice Cream Sundae

Since I started this blog 3 years ago yesterday (Yay! Happy Anniversary!), I have been collecting recipes and compiling them into a giant binder so I have all of my favorite recipes in one place. Every couple of months I sit down and clip out the most intriguing recipes from my favorite food magazines and add them to the collection. If I didn't do this I would have piles upon piles of magazines stacked up everywhere because I have a food magazine problem. I'm addicted to them!

I was flipping through my binder this afternoon and found a recipe for a pineapple ice cream topping that I had saved from one of the many many foodie magazines I've had in my magazine rack. Since it has been raining non-stop for over 24 hours, I needed a little bit of tropical flavor in my life to brighten the gloomy mood of the constant rain. Plus I needed to break in my brand new pineapple corer/slicer gadget thingy that I had just purchased recently. It is amazing by the way! How have I lived without this little doohickey in my life???? 


So just after coarsely chopping up the fresh pineapple, mixing it with 5 simple ingredients and broiling it for 8 minutes...


I discovered an amazingly sweet, fruity and unique ice cream sundae topping that I absolutely love! 

Forget the boring old chocolate and caramel sauce the next time you sit down with a big bowl of ice cream. You gotta try this caramelized pineapple topping with your favorite vanilla ice cream! This sundae topping would also be awesome with some plain/vanilla yogurt for breakfast too. YUM!

Caramelized Pineapple Ice Cream Sundae
{Serves 4}

-2 cups coarsely chopped fresh Pineapple
-3 tbsp Dark Brown Sugar
-3 tbsp fresh Orange Juice
-1/2 tbsp Honey
-1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
-1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
-Vanilla Ice Cream

Preheat the broiler to High and place the oven rack on the highest level, closest to the broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil and grease with cooking spray. 

In a medium bowl add the dark brown sugar, orange juice, honey, ground cinnamon and ginger. Whisk to combine. Add in the pineapple to the mixture and toss to coat. Spread the pineapple mixture onto the baking sheet and broil for 5-8 minutes until golden bubbly. Remove the caramelized pineapple topping and spoon it over your vanilla ice cream. 

Enjoy!
Recipe Inspired By: Cooking Light 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...