Monday, February 25, 2013

Seriously Easy Risotto

Have you ever attempted making risotto? It's the one culinary dish that absolutely terrifies me. Why does risotto scare me so? I blame Food Network.

I distinctly remember watching Next Food Network Star a couple summers ago and the challenge one week was for the contestants to cook a celebrity dinner with Wolfgang Puck as the guest of honor. One of the contestants absolutely screwed up the risotto so bad that Wolfgang stood up from the table and insisted on taking the poor contestant back into the kitchen to teach her how to make risotto the right way. That scene seriously intimidated me into making risotto. (Watch it here)

So call me crazy, but I decided to make my very first risotto for Dusty on Valentine's Day. The secret to the risotto is that I cheated. I made a foolproof, idiot-proof, can't-mess-up, seriously easy baked risotto from Ina Garten. Dusty and I have seriously got a foodie-crush on Ina's cooking. Every single thing I've made from her has been wonderful. I was so impressed by her easy Parmesan Risotto, I had to share it with you!


Easy Parmesan Risotto by Ina Garten
{4-6 servings}

-1-1/2 cups Arborio rice
-5 cups Chicken Stock (divided)
-1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
-1/2 cup White Wine
-3 tbsp Butter (diced)
-2 tsp Salt

-1 tsp Pepper
-1 cup Frozen Peas

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Place the rice and 4 cups of the chicken stock in a Dutch oven. Cover and bake for 45 minutes, until most of the liquid is absorbed. Remove the Dutch oven from the oven, add the remaining cup of chicken stock, the Parmesan, wine, butter, salt, and pepper, and stir constantly for 2 to 3 minutes, until the rice is thick and creamy. Add the peas and stir until heated through.


I told you it was easy! Go make this for your family and friends and impress them!

Recipe from Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Risotto! The only thing I hate about Risotto is having to stand at the stove and stir and stir and stir... really 30 minutes of stiring when I could be doing something else! However, baked Risotto, I can get behind that! yum!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...