Friday, January 11, 2013

Peanut Asian Noodle Salad

Somehow this week I ended up eating a ton of seafood. I didn't plan on it, but it happened. I'm not complaining or anything because it was fantastic and delicious!

On Monday I made a penne vodka pasta with shrimp, then on Tuesday I went to a seriously fun and amazingly good sushi party. A bunch of my nursing school friends got together and made homemade sushi. We made everything from nigiri, sashimi to soft shell crab rolls with lime and honey. Oh my gawd it was to die for! My friend Rosa is the queen of sushi and I learned so much from her. It was a blast!

Then on Wednesday, Dusty and I went out to Bistro Enzo for his birthday where we both had the dinner special, which ended up being seared scallops with a trout-corn risotto and an avocado, tomato, lime chutney (so good!).

Since I menu plan each week, it also just so happens that I planned for Thursday (last night) to be Asian-Panko Salmon with this Peanut Asian Noodle Salad....

I absolutely love this side dish! 

It's perfect to serve along with salmon or chicken. If you want to have it as a main course, you could easily roast some shrimp or cooked chicken, and toss it in the salad.

Peanut Noodle Asian Salad
{Serves 4 side dish or 2 main course}

-6 oz Spaghetti
-1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
-1-1/2 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
-2 tbsp Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
-1 tbsp Sesame Oil
-1 tsp Honey
-1/2 tsp minced Garlic
-1/4 tsp fresh grated Ginger
-2 tbsp Creamy Peanut Butter
-1 tbsp Toasted Sesame Seeds-divided
-4 ounces Sugar Snap Peas
-1 Red Bell Pepper-thinly sliced
-1 Green Onion-thinly sliced

Cook the spaghetti according to package directions until al dente in a large pot of salted water. Once cooked, drain and set aside. 

While the noodles are cooking, bring another pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the sugar snap peas in the boiling water for 4 minutes until crisp tender and then shock them in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. Once cooled, drain and set aside.

To make the peanut dressing: 
In a small bowl combine the vegetable oil, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, garlic, ginger, peanut butter and 2 tsp of toasted sesame seeds. Whisk the ingredients together and set aside.

To serve:
In a serving bowl combine the spaghetti noodles, sugar snap peas, red bell peppers, 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds, green onions and peanut dressing. Toss to combine. Serve cold or at room temperature.

Enjoy!

*Recipe Inspired & Adapted by Ina Garten, Food Network.com

1 comment:

  1. Oh dang do these noodles just scream EATTTTT MEEEE!!!! I'm starving and these look amazing Haley :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...