Friday, December 28, 2012

Raspberry Balsamic Glazed Berries

Usually when you think of breakfast, you tend to think of a big stack of pancakes, french toast, eggs, hashbrowns, bacon, sausage, waffles etc. I could go on forever...I love breakfast.

 What about a nice simple bowl of fruit to start the day? 

I love having fruit for breakfast. Whether it is with yogurt, cereal, granola, oatmeal or by itself. Fruit is refreshing, sweet and good for you. Fruit is awesome. 

So when Star Fine Foods sent me their brand new line of Creamy Balsamic Glazes, I knew exactly how I was going to use it!

This recipe couldn't be any easier! Combine a whole bunch of berries in a bowl with 1 tablespoon of Raspberry Balsamic Glaze and 1-1/2 teaspoon of sugar. That's it! 


Not only is it good for breakfast, save some for later and make dessert with pound cake or angel food cake! 2-for-1 is the way to go! Just spoon some berries on top of cake with all of their fantastic balsamic juices and you have a delicious and simple dessert!


I'm in nursing school, doing clinical rotations and working at the hospital...I love simple! Simple is good. 

Simple makes my life a whole lot easier when time is not available.

Can we take a moment to talk about how awesome these Creamy Balsamic Glazes from Star Fine Foods are for cooking and baking? I can't wait to make a caprese salad so I can use the Modena flavor. Or how about a pork loin for the Apple and/or Raspberry flavor? I can't wait to also try the Modena flavor with my Balsamic Onion & Prosciutto pizza. YUM!

These glazes add a lovely gourmet touch to any dish and there are so many possibilities for how you can incorporate them into your recipes!

If you can't find them at your local grocery store, fear not! They are available to purchase online with Star Fine Foods. This tends to be an issue when you live in Montana. New products that are fun are most likely impossible to find. Thank goodness for the internet!

I can't wait for you to try these Balsamic Glazes and to make these Glazed Berries...they are absolutely delicious!


Raspberry Balsamic Glazed Berries
{Serves 4}

-1 pint Strawberries-hulled and cut in half
-1 pint Raspberries
-1 pint Blackberries
-1 tbsp Star Fine Foods Raspberry Creamy Balsamic Glaze
-1-1/2 tsp White Granulated Sugar

Rinse, wash and drain berries. In a large bowl, combine the berries with the Raspberry Balsamic Glaze and sugar. Stir gently. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate berries for 1 hour so the juices of the berries soak up and combine with the creamy balsamic glaze and sugar. Spoon the berries into a bowl and enjoy!

*Note: Star Fine Foods sent me a package full of their awesome products to test out and use to create recipes. All opinions and thoughts written about the products are my own. I seriously love these glazes! Thanks Star Fine Foods!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...