Monday, May 16, 2011

Class of 2011

I did it! I graduated!
Saturday was such a fun and special day. My family drove up that morning and we all car-pooled over to the University for the ceremony at noon. After about 7 months of winter, Montana finally allowed my graduation day to be absolutely beautiful and gorgeous.

When we got to campus we started taking pictures and when I looked down, I realized....
Ummm...where is my tassel???

Yep, I lost my tassel.
My mom, sister and I raced over to the school bookstore to buy a new one before the ceremony and the men in my family back tracked where we had last walked. When we got the bookstore the salesman from Jostens told us he had just sold the last one. NOOOOOOO!

Thank God my mom found an old tassel on a display in the store. Even though it had the numbers "2009" on them, she just snipped them off and we were good to go.

So after that little fiasco, we got the Adam's Center Gymnasium and started the ceremony. The guest speaker gave a entertaining speech and told us that we were lucky to be biologist because now we have a full understanding for the "Far Side" comic strips and now we can really appreciate nature when we are amongst it. If that's not a reason to get a biology degree, then I don't know what is!

After his speech, we got recognized for research and volunteer experience accomplished.

Then we got down to business and lined up to receive our diplomas.
Apparently I was the only one who graduated with just a Microbiology degree! Everyone else received degrees in Human Biology, Medical Technology, etc.
I tend to think of myself as a one-man wolf pack.
(name that movie!)

Me with my diploma!
Look at the guys on either side of me in the picture.
The looks on their faces are priceless!
Hahahaha!

Once the ceremony was done, they told us we could move our tassels from right to left, and that we could throw our caps. I threw my cap up in the air barely, hoping to just catch it, but it went sideways (because it's me and I'm not coordinated) and landed in the isle. Then someone picked up my cap/tassel and walked off.
NOOOOO! WHY ME!?!?!?! FIRT MY TASSEL AND NOW MY CAP!!!
(This is my typical luck)

But then I found a new cap on the ground that someone left behind and grabbed that one. Plus this one had a tassel with "2011" on it! So the person who picked up my cap got one without the year on it.
Hehehe! Take that cap snatcher! You get what you deserve!

After that second fiasco of the day, my mom put my cap/tassel in her purse (because I can't be trusted) and we walked to the Oval and took a picture in front of the prettiest area on campus.
Afterwards we went back to my place until dinner, where we had snacks. Then my parents took us all to my favorite restaurant of all time for a fantastic dinner!
It was a really great day!

*Thank you for all of your support and love over the past couple of weeks with finishing up my degree and graduating. It has meant so much to me!

10 comments:

  1. Congrats Girlie! Looks like you had such a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even with the little hicups of the day..It looks as if it was a GREAT day for you.

    Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haley!! Congratulations!! You are gonna go places girlfriend - I just know it. Big things are ahead!! So happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! You are one smart cookie and I really enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Such an accomplishment :) Looks like you had a great day celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Haley! You're off to great places, you're on your way! (name that book)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! The Places You'll Go by Doctor Seuss!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go Haley!!! : ) CONGRATS!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...