Saturday, December 25, 2010

The Joy of Christmas

My family really out did themselves this year.
We had such a wonderful time, I'm sad that the day has to come to an end.

On Christmas Eve, my mom and I woke up super early to start preparing for our Christmas Eve Feast!
First we set the table to make it festive.


For Christmas Eve Dinner we enjoyed...
-Turkey
-Dressing
-Salad
-Fancy Mac N' Cheese
-Rolls

 And let's not forget the Turkey Gravy!
My dad is preparing the sacred Gravy!
I'm Drooling

Then for dessert we had:
The Holiday Traditional "Pink Thing"
Recipe to Come Soon!

My Mom's Perfect Pumpkin Pie

And Gingerbread Cake decorated by Annie and I!
Recipe also coming soon!

Keep in mind, this entire dinner was for 6 people. We could have fed an army, but instead we have tons of leftovers for the next couple of days!

After dinner we went to 10:00 pm Mass and almost didn't make it because of being so sleepy from Turkey! Thankfully we didn't slip into coma's and were all able to stay awake and enjoy the beautiful music from the church choir and the wonderful Christmas service!

As soon as we got home we opened our one Christmas Eve present of Magic Jammies!
Translation: Christmas Pajama's
When we were super little my mom would give them to us and tell us that they had special magic powers to help us sleep through the night of Christmas Eve. We always told her that they must be broken because we have NEVER been able to sleep through the night! My sister and I love getting them every year anyways!

Fact: Christmas Eve night is the worst night sleep out of the entire year....EVERY YEAR!
I don't care how old I get, I still wake up at 3:00 am and have troubles falling back asleep.

This morning at exactly 5:35 am, I got a text from my sister saying:
Haley are you awake?

OF COURSE I WAS AWAKE!
And at 5:55 am, she jumped into bed with me and we barely slept until 7:00 am.
Then it was time to wake our parents and begin the fun!

Warning!
These pictures were taken at 7:00 am. Don't be too harsh on how terrible and tired we look! I don't care who you are, you always look terrible on Christmas morning!

Oh my goodness....What did Santa leave????
You can't fake those expressions my friends!
Note the matching Magic Jammies!
They have cupcakes all over them of course!

Pottery Barn Teen Comforter and Pillow Shams for Annie!

And Le Creuset for Me!

 My family went so slow with opening presents one at a time that we made it last until noon!
We wanted to savor Christmas morning to the fullest.
IT WAS AWESOME!

We were truly blessed this Christmas with family, food, beautiful gifts and fun!
I hope you all were too!

Because I have been up since the crack of dawn, it's time for me to go to bed!

Merry Christmas!!!!

2 comments:

  1. goodness, you all look so much better than i do at 7am. love the magic jammies and the dutch oven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay on the Le Crueset!! Woo!! Happy Christmas Haley :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...