Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Sun-Dried Tomato & Spinach Stuffed Pork Chops

Today was a really rough day.
Class from 9-6 with an exam inbetween and 3 hours of lab.
Meanwhile, during that entire time, all I could think about was how excited I was to get home and cook dinner!

God, I'm weird. I need to get a life!
Actually, I'm going to have less of a life now because on Tuesday Dusty surprised me with a present....

PHOTOSHOP!

If that isn't being supportive of my blog, then I don't know what more he could do!
He even helps me take photos while I'm cooking too!

Yesterday, Dusty picked out last nights dinner....Tater Tot Casserole.
BLAH!
Just the sound of it made me cringe and very nervous to make.
He found the recipe in his old community church cookbook, and it will be the last time I use that cookbook.

Sorry Church Lady!

I mean, it was tasty....don't get me wrong. But it looked like something your dog pukes up after getting into the garbage. I even took pictures of it, but after reviewing the pictures I was too embarrassed to post them on here.
Yeah....it was ugly! EWWW!

So needless to say, after making a terrible dinner last night, I couldn't wait to make this recipe!

This is what you are going to need for 4 people:
(PHOTOSHOP!!!!)

-2 tbsp Olive Oil
-2 cloves of Garlic-minced
-6 Sun-Dried Tomatos-diced
-5 oz of Frozen Spinach-thawed and water squeezed out
-1/2 tsp Salt
-1/2 tsp Pepper
-1/4 tsp Thyme
-1/4 cup Goat Cheese
-1/4 cup Cream Cheese
-1-1/2 cup Chicken Broth
-2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
-2 tbsp Lemon Juice
-1/2 Lemon-zested

In a large pan, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium  heat. Add the minced garlic and let it cook for 1 minute. Then add the Sun-Dried Tomatos, Spinach, Salt, Pepper and Thyme to the pan and cook it for 2-3 minutes until combined.

Remove it from the pan and place it in a medium sized bowl.

Add add the Goat Cheese and Cream Cheese.

Mix it all up until it's combined. Just so you know,I definitely licked the spoon!!!!

Using a sharp knife, cut a deep pocket into the thickest part of the pork loin.
(Photo taken by Dusty)

Then stuff each pork loin with the Spinach/Tomato Mixture. Salt and Pepper both sides.

Add the other tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and heat it up. Then add the stuffed pork loins.

Cook on each side for 4-6 minutes until brown.

Meanwhile, while the pork is in the pan cooking....
Mix and combine the chicken broth, lemon juice, Dijon Mustard and Lemon Zest to a bowl.

After the pork is done, remove it from the pan and place it on a plate.

Then boil down and reduce the chicken broth sauce to about half of what it originally was.

Now it is time to serve!
Serve the stuffed pork with some creamy mashed potatoes and top it all off with the chicken broth sauce!
Make this for your special someone and they will love you!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...