Sunday, November 21, 2010

Oatmeal Cookies

Last night I made these Oatmeal Cookies and they were yummy! I love these cookies when they are fresh out of the oven. They were the perfect dessert for the snowy freezing weather last night!


Here is what you need:
-1 stick of Butter-softened
-1/2 cup Brown Sugar
-1/4 cup Sugar
-1 Egg
-1/2 tsp Vanilla
-3/4 cup Flour
-1/2 tsp Baking Soda
-1/2 tsp Cinnamon
-1/4 tsp Salt
-1-1/2 cup Oats

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a medium sized bowl, cream together the butter and both sugars.
Add the egg and vanilla to the bowl and mix until creamy.

In a seperate small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir to combine.
Then add the bowl of dry ingredients to the other bowl and mix well.

Add the oats to the dough and combine gently with a spatuala or wooden spoon. Stir until the oats are combined with the dough. Using a tablespoon or cookie scoop, drop them onto an ungreased baking sheet. I like my cookies flat and round, so I flattened then cookie dough slightly on the pan with my fingers.

Bake for 8 minutes until the bottoms are golden brown.
Remove from the oven and let them sit on the hot pan for a couple of minutes until slightly firm and then place them on a cooling rack.
Serve warm!
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This look good!! I love a classic oatmeal cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these and loved them- thanks! they are so easy and so good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...