Thursday, November 25, 2010

Food Coma!

Today has been such a wonderful Thanksgiving....probably one of the best Thanksgiving's yet!

My aunt flew all the way from Nevada to join us for -5 degree Montana winter weather and snow storms for a good ol' fashioned family Thanksgiving...and boy, am I greatful she did! All day has been non-stop cooking, baking, eating, laughing, game-playing, movie-watching and wishing for bigger pants!

I love that Thanksgiving is a holiday centered around food. It's the one time a year where you starve urself all day, eat at 4:00 in the afternoon and then want to die and go to bed by 6:00 pm. My mom went above and beyond to give our family a feast.

She made....
-Stuffing (with homemade bread!)
-Sauteed Green Beans
-Mashed Potatoes
-Fruit Punch
-Pink Thing (Strawberry Jello and Ice cream dessert....it's tradition)
-Deviled Eggs (I ate about 5-10 of those, I can't remember, I must have blacked out during dinner!)
-My Dad's FAMOUS Kentucky Styled Gravy (it's to die for!)

And oh yeah! Let's not forget about the TURKEY!
It was a dinner fit for kings!
I'm so thankful for my family, Dusty, my pets and friends. It's so great to feel loved by so many people and I am truly thankful! I'm also thankful that this year I will be done with my first college degree and that I got accepted into nursing school. I'm also thankful for discovering a love for cooking and being able to express myself and my love for food through this blog! It has been a very eventful year!

Well....after a full day of festivities, let's just say I'm going to go into a Food Coma now.....
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...