Sunday, October 17, 2010

My Halloween House

Last week I found this adorable Wilton Gingerbread Halloween House at Walmart. When I saw it, I knew I had to make it. But of course making this house had to come with some difficulties....actually one. The house comes pre-assembled, which can be a good thing but for me it was bad. The house kept breaking!

I had to return the house to Walmart to get a new one because the roof crumbled! I opened and checked tons of kits before I finally found one that didn't have cracks in it. But when I got home, I realized my kit didn't have the food coloring dye it was suppose to come with! UGH! Thankfully I had a bottle of black dye to use for the frosting otherwise it would have been a orange and white house, which isn't as spooky!

After a couple of hours of intense decorating, I think my Halloween House turned out to be adorable! I highly recommend buying candy corn and pumpkins to make a yard for the house because it was not included in the kit.

If you have the time and feeling creative, go to Walmart and get yourself this kit. It's only $9 and really fun!

1 comment:

  1. That is really cute! I would probably do it, but *someon* would end up eating all the candy corn & pumpkins! They don't last very long in this house!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...