Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Fiesta Eggs and Potatoes!

Throughout my life I have had issues with eggs. Major issues! If eggs weren't scrambled or cooked completely like an omelet, there was no way that those eggs would be passing through my lips. This summer I have been daring myself to reach outside of my comfort zone and try foods I wouldn't normally eat and this mornings challenge: Fried Over-Easy Egg. This had been my one true enemy in the culinary world. The thought of the runny yoke and egg whites just made me gaggy. Like I said before....I have issues.

But this morning was different, I had found a recipe on Pioneer Woman for Huevos Ree-os and Basic Breakfast Potatoes and it looked good, except for one thing....it required making an over-easy egg. So I sucked it up and made it, and you know what??? Fried Over-Easy Eggs are delicious!!!! It was so yummy and I really enjoyed it! It made me feel like a totally ninny for wasting all these years on scrambled eggs. Now my breakfast menu variety had doubled, if not tripled! Ask my mom, eating an over-easy egg is a big deal for me. She can back me up.

But anyways, you aren't here to read about my issues, you are here for the food!
This is what you need for Fiesta Eggs and Potatoes (for 2 people)....

Fiesta Potatoes:
-8 to 10 Petite Golden Potatoes or 4 Large Red Potatoes
-1/4 Onion-chopped
-1/4 Bell Pepper (Green or Red)-chopped
-1 tbsp Olive Oil
-1 tbsp Butter
-Salt and Pepper to taste
-1 tsp Alpine Touch or any other Seasoning Mix of your choice

First you need to boil the potatoes until they are fork tender and then cut them into 1 in. cubes.

Over Medium-Heat, drizzle 1 tbsp of Olive Oil in the pan and melt 1 tbsp of butter as well. Saute the chopped Onion and Bell Pepper until it turns golden brown.

Add the potatoes, stir them around a bit and then press and pack them.Sprinkle the salt, pepper and seasoning of your choice to taste.

Allow them to sit there and cook for a couple minutes (don't stir!) until the potatoes become slightly crispy and then stir them around again so that other sides of the potatoes can receive equal opportunities to become crispy too. Allow them to cook for a couple minutes more and then you are done! Fiesta Potatoes!

Fiesta Eggs:
-4 Eggs
-4 tbsp Salsa
-1/3 cup Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
-1 tbsp Butter

Over Medium-Low Heat, melt 1 tbsp of butter in your skillet. Once it is all melted you can crack open your eggs onto the skillet/pan and let the first side cook until it is "flippable." Once you flip over your eggs, place about 1 tbsp of Salsa on each egg and sprinkle the shredded Colby Jack Cheese on top of the salsa.

 Let the cheese melt and the egg cook to your desired yolk consistency and then your Fiesta Eggs are ready for you to eat!
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...