Friday, July 9, 2010

Salmon with Pesto and Potatoes

I found this recipe in this months edition of the Food Network Magazine and now that I'm trying to be a better person and eat well, I thought I'd give it a try!
The recipe called for a steamer to cook the fish and potatoes, but since I didn't have that, I baked the fish and boiled the potaotes.

This is what you need:
-2 (4 oz) Salmon filets
-Olive Oil
-Salt/Pepper
-1/2 lb of Red Potaotes
-1 tbsp Shredded Parmesan Cheese

For the Pesto you need:
-1 bundle of fresh Basil
-1/8 cup Hazelnuts
-1/4 of a Lemon zested
-1/2 of a Lemon juice
-1 tbsp Olive Oil
-2 tbsp Water
-1/2 clove Garlic
Put these all in the blender and puree.
Then mix the pesto with 1 tbsp of Plain Non-Fat Yogurt

For the fish, just take a small baking pan and drizzle some olive oil on the bottom. Place the fish in the dish and coat both sides with the oil in the dish. Then season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees. It should be moist and flaky! Place a tbsp of Pesto on top of Salmon.
For the potatoes, just boil them till done. Drain the potatoes and place in a bowl. Drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil on them and add 1 tbsp of shredded parmesan cheese. With a fork just mash them up slightly till the oil and cheese is incorporated.
And it's only 450 calories!!!! Enjoy!
P.S. I want to apologize for the horrible photo. It was taken on my phone because my camera is dead. So if you bare with me on these horrible photos for a while, I promise to get a camera and take pretty pictures in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...