Monday, July 12, 2010

I Made My First Omelette!

I have mixed feelings about this breakfast I made this morning because egg whites have always freaked me out, but I have to admit that it was really tasty. I've always had issues with eggs, they have to be scrambled or omelette style or I won't eat them. Over easy eggs...never going to happen. I get a gag reflux just thinking about them. Yuck!
But for the past 2 mornings Dusty has been making me breakfast of toast with a ton of fruit, so I thought this morning I'd give him a break. So I whipped up this diddy for him (it makes 2 omelettes):

-1 cup of eggs whites (trying to be healthy....I don't know)
-1/2 of a small onion minced
-4 oz of sliced mushrooms
-1 clove garlic minced
-Shredded Cheddar Cheese
-Olive Oil

All I did was saute the minced onion and sliced mushrooms in olive oil with garlic. Then I grabbed another pan, set it to medium heat and poured in 1/2 cup of egg white. I let the egg whites cook for a little bit (30-60 seconds) and then with a spatuala started scrapping the sides down a little bit. Then I swirled the egg around to the outer edge so the liquid egg sitting on top could get cooked too (no raw egg!). Once I felt the egg whites had cooked/solidified I sprinkled some shredde cheddar cheese, added half of the sauted mushroom and onion mixture onto one of the halves of the omelette. Then with a spatula I flipped the other half of the egg on top of the mushroom/cheese/onion mixture and let it cook for 30 more seconds to melt the cheese.
Then I proudly presented my first ever made omelette to Dusty!
(Actually, the first one I made ripped and fell apart....I ate that one and gave him my second ever made omelette that was much prettier. Don't tell him!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...