Saturday, June 26, 2010

Tequila Lime Chicken

This week has been absolutely crazy working in the dorms. I've never had residents that have caused so much trouble and been so high maintenance before! Which is saying something, because I've seen some crazy stuff! So after an 8 hour shift of babysitting college students I come home completely exhausted and sad to say that I have been relying on Lean Cuisines to feed me. YUCK!
But tonight I'm really excited because I got some motivation this morning and prepared the marinade for Tequila-Lime Chicken from Pioneer Woman. It's the first time I've made a dinner since Father's Day (which is sad), but it is going to be soooo good!
Here is Pioneer Womans Link to making this recipe (if you need visual help):
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/06/tequila-lime-chicken-with-all-the-fixins/
This is what you need for the marinade:
-1/4 cup Tequila (yea!)
-Juice of 2 Limes
-1/4 cup cilantro
-3 cloves of garlic peeled
-1/2 of a jalapeno sliced
-1/2 tsp of salt
-2 & 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
Throw all of these into a food processor or blender (for us poor college students) and watch the magic come to life!
Place 2 chicken breasts in a large storage bag and pound them down flat. Add the marinade to the bag and let the chicken soak up all the yummy juices overnight or a couple of hours. I'm letting mine marinate for about 8 hours, since that is how long I'll be at work till. Bummer.
When you get hungry and can't take it any longer, heat up your George Foreman or Grill and cook the chicken for several minutes until done.
To make this extra tasty (if that is possible), turn on the broiler and place the chicken on a baking sheet. Sprinkle on 1/4 cup of Monterey Jack Cheese onto each chicken breast and melt the cheese in the broiler!
I'm going to serve this with refried beans and Mexican rice....I can hardly stand the wait! Oh mama! I'm so excited to get away from the dorms and eat this Mexican fiesta!!!! Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...