Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Shrimp Penne Pasta in Tomato Cream Sauce

Today I just started P90X. For those of you who don't know what that is....it's the DVD workout series from HELL! I did the workout called Plyometrics, which equal Jump Training. Not excited. So I felt like I deserved something truly sinful for my good workout! hehehe. Also, I have decided that once a week I have to make something from Pioneer Woman because I LOVE her food. Here is her website so you can check it out and get addicted like I am...
The recipe I made from her book today is called "Penne alla Betsy" but technically I would call it "Shrimp Penne Pasta in Tomato Cream Sauce." And let me tell you what...it was good! (of course)
To make it, this is what you are going to need (it makes alot!).....
-2 tbsp butter
-2 tbsp olive oil
-1 lb shrimp
-1 lb penne pasta
-1 small onion minced
-2 cloves garlic
-1/2 cup white wine
-1 cup heavy cream
-1 (15 oz) can of tomato sauce
-1/8 cup dried parsley
-6 fresh leave of basil chopped
-Salt and pepper
Cook the pasta as directed on the box. Drain and set aside.
In a large saucepan melt 1 tbsp butter and olive oil in med/high setting on stove. Add the shrimp (without tails) and cook until pink. Cut the shrimp into bite size pieces and then set aside in a bowl.

Add another tbsp butter and olive oil to the pan and add the minced garlic and onion. Cook until the onion/garlic is translucent. Add the white wine and let it evaporate for about 45 seconds. Turn the heat down to low and add the tomato sauce and heavy cream (I told you it was sinful!).
Then add the bitesize shrimp, parsley, basil, salt and pepper. Gently stir and then add the penne pasta. Dish up the goods and add some Parmesean cheese on top for a nice classy touch! Or just because Parmesean cheese and pasta belong together.
Enjoy! And have a glass of wine too! YUM!

1 comment:

  1. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...