Monday, June 28, 2010

Banana Nut Bread

During my past 4 years of living in the dorms and eating campus food, one of my favorite things to eat for breakfast that the school did right was banana bread. Or so I thought....

Two weeks ago I was watching the Neeley's on Food Network and watched them make a banana bread that made my mouth water. But instead of dropping everything and searching online for the recipe, I turned the channel to TLC (my other favorite channel).

A couple days later, Father's Day to be exact, both of my Grandparents were telling us about this amazing banana bread they made and that it was the most wonderful and moist bread they had ever had.
SMALL WORLD!

I was shocked that my Grandparents and I had watched the same episode and were so smitten with this banana bread. Too funny. It was a sign. I NEED TO MAKE THIS!

So on Sunday I made this recipe and it was AMAZING!!!
You must try this Banana Bread, you will love it!



This is what you will need:
-1 stick of butter at room temperature
-1 and 1/2 cup flour
-1 tsp baking powder
-1 tsp baking soda
-1 tsp salt
-3 ripe bananas
-1 cup sugar
-2 eggs
-1/2 cup sour cream (scary! but so wonderful!)
-1 tsp vanilla
-3/4 cup chopped pecans

Now that you have the materials this is how the magic gets made:
Preheat the oven and butter/flour a loaf pan. I highly recommend Pam Baking Spray (with Flour). It is the best invention EVER!

In a bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.

In another bowl mash up the ripened bananas with a fork, but make sure to leave it a little chunky.

Then, if two bowls weren't enough, get another one for creaming the sugar and butter until they are nice and fluffy with an electric mixer. Add the eggs, one at a time until mixed nicely. You can then add the bananas, sour cream and vanilla. Mix it all up until it is just incorporated.

Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix it in with a spoon...the mixer will be too harsh on the bananas, so use your muscles!

To top it all off, gently fold in the chopped pecans. That's it!

Put it in the loaf pan and bake it for 1 hour and 10 minutes. It is the longest wait, but so worth it!
Enjoy your yummy breakfast!

Recipe By: The Neeleys

1 comment:

  1. goodness these sound beautiful. I used buckwheat flour once and it goes surprisingly well with the banana and makes for a great moist bread. Love your banana deja vu tale. Thedelectablediary x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...